Eligibility for Learner Course Roster Submission & Passing Post-Test Requirements
A Learner Course completion card will be provided when the following conditions are met:
- The S.T.A.B.L.E. Learner course is taught by a registered Lead instructor or combination of registered Lead and Support instructors.
- The instructor teaches the full 8 to 9-hour Learner course using an approved edition of the program.
- The 5th edition Program materials (© 2006) were retired on October 1, 2013.
- Presentation times vary depending upon breaks allowed and the course does not have to be presented all in the same day.
- The Learner participant must attend the entire course and complete all modules.
- If teaching with the 6th edition (© 2013) slide program, the students must utilize the 6th edition (© 2013) manual during the course. This does not mean that the student must own their own manual, but a manual must be provided to each student to use as a resource throughout the course.
- The student must complete all 32 quiz questions and must pass the Mixed Module post-test (8 questions).
- S.T.A.B.L.E. reserves the right to request copies of the student’s completed post-assessment answer sheets. Therefore, the Instructor who submits the student roster must keep the student’s answer sheets in their possession for at least three years following a Learner Course presentation.
- Pre-testing is not mandatory, but strongly recommended for participant evaluation.
Passing Scores on the 8-Item Edition 6 Mixed Module Post-Test Questions – for use with the 6th edition (© 2013) Program
The 8 mixed module questions should be administered at the end of the Lab work, Emotional Support, or Quality Improvement module. It is up to the Instructor to select the best time to administer the mixed module (final part) of the exam.
|8 questions total; each question is worth 12.5 points|
|2 or fewer wrong (score ≥ 75%)||Student passes the course|
|3 wrong (score = 62.5%)
4 wrong (score = 50%)
|Instructor must review all incorrectly answered mixed module questions with the student and decide if the student comprehends the material sufficiently and should be passed. Upon review of the incorrectly answered questions, if satisfied the student comprehends the material, enter the re-test score on the roster (must be 2 or fewer wrong on re-testing to pass the course).|
|5 or more wrong (score ≤ 37.5%)||Student is ineligible for retesting and must repeat the full-length learner course.|
|Re-testing ideally occurs at the course. If however, re-testing is not possible at the course, this must occur within ONE MONTH of the course date AND preferably before the roster is submitted. Once the roster has been submitted, re-testing scores can only be entered by the S.T.A.B.L.E. Program Roster Administrator.|
- The module quiz must be administered after each module is completed. Three attempts to pass the quiz are allowed. Record all scores on the quiz recording sheet as these will need to be entered on the roster.
- If the quiz is not passed by the 3rd attempt, then record the non-passing quiz score (located next to Your Score) and then click on “Review Quiz” before proceeding to the next module. When you submit the roster, you must verify that you did review and explain all of the incorrectly answered quiz questions.
- If the students do not pass a quiz by the 3rd time, then the presenting instructor must be notified and the situation discussed. Possible reasons for non-passing of a quiz include:
- the material was not taught in enough depth,
- the material was taught inaccurately, or
- the students were novice and the material was too difficult for them. In this case, strongly consider re-teaching the module that was not passed by the third quiz.
The Renewal Cycle for a Renewal Course is every two years. Review Renewal Course Options for appropriate student candidacy for a full-length, versus short version renewal course. Learner Course completion cards are valid for two years from the course date.
If planning to prepare and register a Support Instructor, please review the Support Instructor Preparation instructions BEFORE you teach the Learner course that the instructor candidate will attend. During the course presentation, the Support Instructor must ‘follow along’ in the Instructor Manual. Please allow enough time to order, and receive, the Instructor Manual before the course date. Ideally the Instructor candidate reads the Instructor manual prior to the orientation Learner course.
6th Edition Roster Manager User’s Guide