Eligibility for Learner Course Roster Submission & Passing Post-Test Requirements
A Learner Course completion card will be provided when the following conditions are met:
- The S.T.A.B.L.E. Learner course is taught by a registered Lead instructor or combination of registered Lead and Support instructors.
- The instructor teaches the full 8 to 9 hour Learner course using an approved edition of the program.
- All instructors must migrate over to the new 6th edition (© 2013) materials prior to October 1, 2013.
- The 5th edition Program materials (© 2006) will be retired on October 1, 2013. Rosters with a course date after October 1, 2013 which indicate use of the 5th edition materials will not be accepted. The exception will be for Spanish, Lithuanian, Latvian, and Romanian courses that utilize the translated 5th edition materials.
- Presentation times vary depending upon breaks allowed and the course does not have to be presented all in the same day.
- If teaching with the 5th edition (© 2006) slide program, the students must utilize the 5th edition (© 2006) manual during the course.
- Documentation of a minimum passing score of 85% or greater on the post-test (40-item test).
Passing Scores on the 40-Item Version 7 Post-Test Questions – for use with the 5th edition (© 2006) Program
The post-test questions may be administered either at the end of each module (preferred) or at the end of the course presentation. It is up to the Instructor to select the best time to administer the post-test module questions.
|40 questions total; each question is worth 2.5 points|
|6 or fewer wrong (score ≥ 85%)||Student passes the course|
|7 (score = 82.5%) to 11 (score = 72.5%) wrong||Instructor must review all incorrectly answered post-test questions with the student and decide if the student comprehends the material sufficiently and should be passed.
Upon review of the incorrectly answered questions, if satisfied the student comprehends the material, enter the re-test score on the roster (must be 6 or fewer wrong on re-testing to pass the course).
|12 or more wrong (score ≤ 70%)||Student must repeat the full-length Learner course and achieve a minimum passing post-test score of > 85%.|
|Re-testing ideally occurs at the course. If however, re-testing is not possible at the course, this must occur within ONE MONTH of the course date AND preferably before the roster is submitted. Once the roster has been submitted, re-testing scores can only be entered by the S.T.A.B.L.E. Program Roster Administrator.|
The Renewal Cycle for a Renewal Course is every two years. Review Renewal Course Options for appropriate student candidacy for a full-length, versus short version renewal course. Learner Course completion cards are valid for two years from the course date.
If planning to prepare and register a Support Instructor, please review the Support Instructor Preparation instructions BEFORE you teach the Learner course that the instructor candidate will attend. During the course presentation, the Support Instructor must ‘follow along’ in the Instructor Manual. Please allow enough time to order, and receive, the Instructor Manual before the course date. Ideally the Instructor candidate reads the Instructor manual prior to the orientation Learner course.
5th Edition Roster Manager User’s Guide
We suggest that you change your password the first time you log into the system. Do so by clicking on “Change Password”. Enter a new password (at least 6 characters), then click on “Save”.
IMPORTANT: We do not know your password so protect it in a secure place. If you forget your password, please contact us and we will provide you with a temporary password. You can then log in and give yourself a new password.
Step 1: Set the Course Location and Contact Info
- Under ROSTERS on the left side of the screen, click on Add Roster.
- Across the top of the screen you will now see the following:
The heading “COURSES > Add a Roster” indicates where you are adding a new roster. The next two lines keep track of the course you are currently editing. Below this you’ll see a navigation bar with a set of tabs: My Account, Course Info, Instructors, Student Roster, and Submit. Note that the tab Course Info is highlighted along with links pertaining to Course Info. Below the navigation bar you will see a form for adding a new roster.
- Enter the following:
Course Type—select one of the following:
Full Length Learner (new first time students 8 hours)
Renewal Short (renewing students 4 hours)
Physician Ed Short (New MD students – 4 hours)
- Course Date—Choose a date from the drop down Calendar.
- Course Location—Name of the facility where course took place or will take place.
- Address—enter complete Address, City, State, Zip/Postal and Country. If the Course Location is the same as Lead Instructor Work Address then click the box next to “Click Here To Use Lead Instructor Address” – the system will automatically fill in address fields with Lead Instructor Work Address.
- Contact Information—Enter “Contact Name & Title at Facility Location”, “Contact’s Phone Number”, “Contact’s Department”, “Contact’s E-mail address.” If the Lead Instructor is the primary contact, click the box next to “Click Here To Use Lead Instructor’s contact info” – the system will automatically fill in contact fields with Lead Instructor contact information.
- Add any comments for your own reference or to the Roster Administrator in the “Comments” box (Optional).
- Click the “Add Course” button at the bottom of the screen to save your course.
You are now in the “Edit Location and Course Contact” screen for the course that you have added. You’ll see that the information at the top of the screen changed to reflect your new course.
Step 2: Enter Instructors
Begin building your roster by clicking on Instructors in the navigation bar. The bar should now look like this:
- Your name will appear as the “Submitting Lead Instructor”. Click on the sections of the course that you taught, click on “Save Changes”.
- If other instructors assisted in teaching the course, click on “add instructor to course” in the navigation bar.
- Type the Instructor’s last name in the “Last Name” field and click on the “Search” button, or you can use their instructor number.
- Click on the box next to the Instructor’s name, Click on “Save Changes” at the bottom of the screen. The instructor has been added to the Instructors participating in teaching this course.
- Click on the Modules taught by this instructor. Click on “Save Changes”.
- Repeat this for each instructor that assisted in teaching the course.
NOTE: To submit a roster, ALL sections of the S.T.A.B.L.E. Course must be taught and checked off.
Step 3: Enter Students
Begin adding students by clicking on Student Roster in the navigation bar, which takes you to your Student Roster list (at this point it should be empty). The bar should now look like this:
- Click “add new student”.
- Enter “First Name”, “Last Name”, choose a “Primary Credential” from the dropdown list.
- Choose which type of student this is:
New Student (first time attending a S.T.A.B.L.E. course)
Renewing Student (renewing S.T.A.B.L.E. completion)
Orientation to Support (orienting to become a Support Instructor – refer to “Learner Course Rules” on left side of screen)
- Enter Pre-Test, Post-test and Re-test Scores (number missed). If a student did not have a passing post-test or re-test score, refer to “Learner Course Rules” on left of screen.
Note: Test scores may be filled in each time a new student is entered OR after all students have been added, scores can be entered from the �View Student Roster� page.
- Click on “Save > Add Next Student” at bottom of screen. This takes you back to your Student Roster list, which now shows your new student and his/her test scores.
- Repeat until all students have been added to the roster.
Step 4: Submit Your Roster
If all information has been added, you should be ready to submit the roster to the S.T.A.B.L.E Roster Administrator. Click the Submit link on the navigation bar. The bar should now look like this:
You will be instructed to Print Roster to carefully review all Instructor and Student Roster information. Be sure to make any necessary corrections before you Submit the Roster. Please remember that the student names will appear on the learner completion cards EXACTLY as they have been entered into the student roster, i.e. capitalization, spelling.
- Read the “Instructor Verification” then click on the box.
- Click “Submit This Course.”
Your roster is then evaluated for accuracy. You may receive an error message if:
- You did not click on “Instructor Verification” box after reading Instructor Verification.
- All modules of the course were not taught and checked off.
- There was a student(s) with missing scores OR who did not have a passing post-test score (Please review Learner Course Rules regarding Scoring and Retesting)
If you do receive an error, simply return to the pertinent sections of your course to correct/add/edit.
If your roster was successfully submitted, you will receive this message on the screen:
You have successfully submitted Course #####. Within approximately 2 business days of submitting this course, a notification will be sent to “Your email address” with instructions on how to access the course completion cards.