S.T.A.B.L.E. – Cardiac Module Slide Program, 2nd Edition
Kristine A. Karlsen PhD, NNP-BC, APRN, FAAN and Collin G. Cowley MD, FAAP, FACC, FAHA
Two highly visual, fully animated PowerPoint slide presentations are available for one annual subscription price!
This is a one year subscription to the Cardiac Module slide program (for online viewing). After one year, your subscription will need to be renewed.
- Slide show 1 includes all of the same slides as slide show 2 but without the palliative and surgical options (263 animated slides).
- Slide show 2 includes all of the same slides as slide show 1 plus the palliative and surgical options to address neonates with severe forms of CHD (329 animated slides).
This 2nd edition PowerPoint presentation is the companion for the S.T.A.B.L.E. – Cardiac Module, 2nd edition book (separate purchase required).
We cannot accept purchase orders for a slide subscription. This item must be purchased from our website with a credit card. An account must be created in our store for this purchase. The log in used to create this account will be the log in that must be used by the end user to view the slides.
Divided into 3 sections, the features of this PowerPoint presentation include the following:
- Part 1 focuses on the history and physical examination of neonates with suspected CHD.
- Part 2 focuses on the anatomic features, presentation and initial stabilization of neonates with severe forms of structural CHD. The heart defects are explained in detail and include ductal dependent left-side obstructive CHD, cyanotic not-ductal dependent CHD, and cyanotic ductal dependent CHD.
- Part 3 discusses the S.T.A.B.L.E. Program postresuscitation stabilization modules – Sugar, Temperature, Airway, Blood pressure, Lab work, and Emotional support – and adaptations that may be necessary when caring for neonates with suspected or confirmed CHD.
- MP4 videos for each heart lesion to demonstrate how blood flows through the heart for all the different forms of CHD explained in the program.
- 7 new videos narrated by the program author, Dr. Kristine A. Karlsen to explain heart anatomy, respiratory homeostasis, congestive heart failure, complete heart block, tissue hypoxia, and aerobic/anaerobic metabolism.
- The palliative and surgical options presented in slide show 2 are also displayed in the Appendix of the S.T.A.B.L.E. – Cardiac Module, 2nd edition book.
System requirements: PC or Macintosh computer with a good internet connection.
If you display these slides using the Internet Explorer browser, the user experience may be degraded (font replacements, missing video audio, flash of black screen before the MP4 videos play). Please view the slides using a different browser.
This is a one year subscription to the online version of the Cardiac Module, 2nd Edition slides. After one year, your subscription will need to be renewed.